Celebrating 20 years of healing, hope and miracles with 20 things to love about Children’s Hospital of Georgia
- Children’s Hospital of Georgia opened December 8, 1998
- It’s the only facility in the area dedicated exclusively to children and is home to the region’s only Pediatric Cancer and Blood Disorder Clinic and pediatric tertiary care referral hospital
- Children’s is home to the area’s only pediatric trauma care, with a Level I Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and a Level IV Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, complete with pediatric and neonatal air and ground transport teams
- Provides ground and air transportation for patients in 159 Georgia counties and neighboring states
- Children’s has the region’s only dedicated 16-bed pediatric emergency room with pediatric trauma surgeons available 24/7
- More than 25,000 kids come through the ED each year
- Developed Georgia’s first ECMO program, earning six international excellence awards
- Region’s only hybrid pediatric heart catheterization suite and only pediatric heart surgeons
- In-house pediatric research unit on the fifth floor
- Provides couplet care – mom and baby cared for under one roof inside the children’s hospital
- Our specialists have been recognized by prestigious organizations such as Best Doctors and America’s Top Doctors
- Our physicians examine 90,000 children in our clinics each year
- Nearly 4,000 children a year are admitted to this hospital
- Only local hospital with onsite Ronald McDonald House: home-away-from-home for families of hospitalized children
- Largest team of local child life specialists to explain care and put patients and families at ease
- Interpreter services for families in virtually every language
- Dedicated children’s chapel and full-time chaplains
- Visits from Nugget, a full-time therapy dog, who works exclusively for Children’s Hospital
- There’s a huge indoor playground for patients and siblings, as well as two smaller inpatient playrooms
- Roary, the Children’s mascot, was born June 25, 2015
The Children’s Hospital of Georgia is turning 20!
For 20 years, we’ve been leaders in pediatric care. How do we do it?
For one thing, it’s our belief that family comes first. It’s giving children the love and attention they need to heal. It’s using the tools we’ve been given to make miracles happen. Every day, the Children’s Hospital of Georgia helps kids live their very best lives. That’s something to celebrate.