Make healthy ingredients the star with these simple and tasty spooky treats. With only three ingredients, you and your kid will love this fool proof and fun recipe. Get creative with your favorite ingredients for a festive and seasonal addition to your Halloween celebration.
What you’ll need:
- 2 apples
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds, vegan mini marshmallows, slivered almonds or pumpkin seeds.
- 4 tablespoon almond butter or other nut butter
- 1 lemon, juiced
What you’ll do:
- Core and cut the apples into quarters, then carve out the center slice to form the mouths.
- Rub the apples with lemon juice to keep them from browning.
- Spread the almond butter on to the bottom of the mouth and then push in some slivered almonds, vegan mini marshmallows, pumpkin or sunflower seeds for the teeth.
Track down some vegan chocolate and marshmallows and get your kids’ help decorating eyes. Attach them to the apples using toothpicks. Or, try slicing strawberries and adding them as tongues. Just have some fun experimenting with your family’s favorite fruits and snacks.