Running is one of the easiest ways for kids and adults to stay fit, but it’s not without dangers. As the weather warms up there are many local races and kid-friendly fun runs approaching. To help you prepare and avoid injuries, Augusta Health Sports Medicine offers the following tips:
- Review the course map. Peruse the race materials in the member bundle so you know ahead of time where to drop your apparatus on race morning, which miles have water stations, and where the slopes are.
- Fuel up the tank. Devour a sugar rich dinner for a couple of nighttimes before the long distance race so as to give your body the required calories and vitality to prop you up. Be that as it may, don’t indulge or drink a lot of liquor on the night prior to the race.
- Stick to the routine. Race day isn’t the day to break in another pair of running shoes or new garments. In like manner, don’t wear shoes that are worn. The normal existence of running shoes is around 400 to 600 miles.
- Warm up properly. Most competitors play out some kind of normal warm-up and chill off during preparing and dashing. An appropriate warm-up can expand the blood stream to the working muscles decreasing the probability of muscle firmness or injury. Extra advantages of heating up incorporate physiological and mental arrangement.
- Stretch. Try not to surge this, and incorporate all joints and limits. Each stretch ought to be held set up for around 30 seconds. Appropriate extending can forestall strains and different wounds.
- Pace your race. Line up with individuals who run about a similar speed as you do, and don’t begin the race excessively quick. Adrenaline will fire you up and entice you to flood ahead, yet keep your pace consistent.
- Stay hydrated. Regardless of whether you are not parched, drink loads of water. Water is the key for effective running and keeps your body in prime condition. Liquids are likewise basic for recuperation after the race. Drink a mix of water and sports beverages to renew lost liquids, sodium, and electrolytes.
- Finish strong. Try not to reach an abrupt stop toward the completion. This can cause your pulse to drop too rapidly, causing unsteadiness and in any event, blacking out. A moderate run or walk will assist you with changing securely to a resting state.
- Stretch and ice down. After you chill off, altogether stretch your legs so your muscles don’t get solid. Icing them at regular intervals for around 15 minutes one after another will help mitigate aggravation and muscle torment.
- Taper your exercise regimen. Your body needs time to recover. So stay away from a long-separation run or exceptional exercise for around about fourteen days following race day. Attempt light runs and broadly educating. At that point you can bit by bit work back up to higher force.
As a major aspect of the area’s just scholastic wellbeing community at Augusta University, Augusta Health Sports Medicine follows a thorough methodology, incorporating world-class clinical consideration, driving edge research and preparing programs intended to keep patients dynamic and sans injury.
The middle is staffed by board-guaranteed sports medication doctors and orthopedic specialists; authorized physical advisors, gaining practical experience in sports and action related wounds; and confirmed athletic mentors, who work with region groups and associations to assess and analyze musculoskeletal issues.