A classic grilled cheese sandwich is always a kid-favorite! With the addition of nutrient-rich broccoli and a swap to whole grain bread, it is the perfect healthy alternative.
2 slices whole grain bread
1 tablespoon butter, softened
2 slices cheddar cheese
¼ cup broccoli
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pinch salt
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Combine the broccoli with the olive oil and salt. Mix together. Place on a baking sheet and cook for 10-15 minutes.
3. Heat a skillet on the stove over medium heat.
4. Spread butter on each slice of bread. Place one piece of bread, butter side down, in the skillet.
4. Place one piece of cheese on the bread. Top with the broccoli, followed by the other slice of cheese, and cover with the other slice of bread, butter side up.
5. Cook both sides until the cheese is melted and the bread is slightly golden.
6. Remove from the skillet, serve and enjoy!