Can you tell fact from fiction when it comes to the 2020 Census? Answer the questions below to find out your Census IQ.
True or False?
- April 1, 2020 is when the 2020 Census is happening.
- The Census occurs every five years.
- There 15 questions on the Census form.
- The Census impacts federal funding each state receives for programs like Medicaid, Medicare, CHIP, Head Start, and affordable housing.
- The Census does not impact who represents me on the state and federal level.
- True. Census day is on April 1, 2020. Make sure you, your neighbor, and your community fill out your forms on Census day.
- False. The Census occurs every 10 years to help inform decisions based on where people live.
- False. There are 10 questions on the Census form. The Census is available in 13 languages and is safe, secure, and private.
- True. The Census determines how much funding each state receives for its programs. It is important that Georgia gets an accurate count of all people.
- False. Results from the 2020 Census will determine representation in both the state and federal governments for the next 10 years.