Walking in uncomfortable shoes is definitely a bad decision, but surprisingly one third population of the world who are wearing wrong shoe sizes according to a research done in 2018.
Commonly people are much familiar with shoe length size but don’t much familiar by width of the shoe. The difference between medium and wide shoes is not a huge difference but can make a gigantic difference.
In this article you will get to know about the difference between medium and wide width shoes.
What is the Difference Between Medium and Wide Width Shoes?
The difference is quite minor between medium and wide width shoes as only by 1/8 of an inch makes the difference prominent, but this compact change can make massive difference in the world. The wide width shoes can give enough room for your toes to not to rub with each other and will not overlap.
The width of the shoe is usually measured around the forefoot which is considered as the widest part of the feet. Not every brand you own shoes from offers you a wide width shoe so finding a wide width shoe can be a great challenge you. The measuring can be done through by letters or numbers.
In UK the shoe range is indicated by letters as from the narrowest to widest are; AAA, AA, A, B, C, D, E, EE and EEE. The width of the shoes definitely varies between women and men shoes. These narrower and wider shoes are further divided into sub-sizes which can be indicated by ad edition of some other letters.
Normally the shoes which are made for those people who have wider feet are usually just ¼ inch wider than the medium shoe size. The extra depth in the shoes helps people’s feet to get extra room to relax and not to overlap. The wide shoes in the women’s department are marked with the letter D whereas the men’s shoe is marked with the letter E or double E.
- Size Variance, without any doubt wide shoes are designed for those who have wider feet. So usually, ¼ inch shoes are wide than medium shoes and along with that they are half an inch more than narrow fitting shoes. Whereas medium sized shoes are ¼ inches wider than narrow fitting shoes.
- Labelling, among the ladies shoes the wider shoes are labelled with the letter D while in men’s section the wider width shoes are marked as E or EE. Medium size shoes in women category are marked with letter B and men’s medium size shoe are marked with letter C or D.
Measurement of Wide Width Shoes
According to some studies the average population that is calculated who are wearing correct sized shoes are only 30 to 35 percent. Around 63 to 72 percent people are wearing wrong sized shoes. So here is the reason why and when you need to measure the correct foot size.
- Measure your shoes every time before buying shoes as the research done by Cleveland Clinic, your feet size changes in shape and size over the time so don’t choose your shoes over the older measurements.
- Because you work whole day some walk a lot than taking a ride or local transport, due to these reasons your feet get swelled. So, try to measure your feet at night because in day time they are temporarily swallowed.
- Some of the people go with one foot measuring which is wrong, always measure both feet then go with the one measuring which is wider than the other as some people have one foot larger than the other.
- Don’t focus on the same size as your shoe size differs in each brand shoe.
- Always give yourself a walk after trying a new piece of shoes to check are, they actually fitted or your longest toe is hurting.
As with wearing wrong sized shoe can get you corns and calluses which can develop thick and hard layers of skin over your foot which is a response to pressure and friction produced by the shoes when they are pretty tight. You can also get ingrown toenails which can develop swelling and pain in your feet.
Shoe width is definitely the important part when you need comfort in your life, so measure your feet every time you are getting a new pair of shoes as; age, gravity, and time all these factors play a role which can create the difference in the shape and size of your feet.